Okay, so I’ve confessed how I don’t really like shopping and now I’m swearing off sales?
WHAT KIND OF FASHION BLOG IS THIS?
So before I scare you off for good, please allow me to explain why I think sales are like style-kryptonite for your closet…
It’s all the stuff that didn’t sell.
Pause for a minute and reflect. There’s probably a few reasons why that piece is on sale,
- It’s just not flattering or a poor fit.
- It’s been picked over already and found wanting (other shoppers may have noticed that pulled thread or missing button that you have overlooked.)
- It was overpriced to begin with.
- It’s so on trend, it will date the minute you walk out the door…
At Chainstore Capsule, we launch our collections at the start of every season. The best pieces are in stock (and some of the best items will sell out fast) with the widest range of sizes available so you aren’t compromising on fit.
You can easily mistake a sale for a bargain.
I consider a piece to be a bargain if it is well made, good quality and reasonably priced.
For example, a high street store t-shirt discounted 75% from $59.95 down to $15 isn’t a bargain when you can always buy a chain store t-shirt of comparable style and quality for only $6.
I get it, 75% off, or $45 dollars cheaper is a huge psychological play on your mind.
But the real math just doesn’t add up.
You’re encouraged to buy and spend more.
Buy one get one free!
Spend $100, get 25% off!
Many sale tactics encourage us to buy more and spend more.
Which makes sense if you’re a retailer, right? You have volumes of clothes to clear to make way for the new season stock.
But from you, the shopper’s point of view, it’s a disaster waiting to happen.
Trying to out-shop a hot-mess closet only makes it worse.
Chances are, you don’t need more clothes, but you do need a better strategy for a more functional closet. Which is why I started Chainstore Capsule!
You’re afraid you’re going to miss out.
Lots of people are about, all desperate to snag a ‘bargain’ and are competing with you.
Suddenly your brain kicks into survival mode and you behave as if it’s the Serengeti 150,000BC and you’re chasing down a saber-tooth tiger. Scarcity! Hunger! Must-have-the-very-last-one!
But, as much as I hate it, even I can concede that shopping’s not a dire, life-or-death situation.
There will be more clothes. You’re going to be okay!
Sales Literally Waste More of Your Time.
Shopping the sales adds a huge time-premium on top of your shop.
- You’ll spend more time looking for a car space.
- You’ll likely have to queue for the changeroom.
- There will be longer lines at the register.
- Salespeople are more likely to be scarce, and under the pump.
- So many people! Especially if you have a trolley or a pram, it will take longer to get from store A to store B.
- No tables available at your favourite cafe so you can’t stop and refuel.
- Shopping centre toilets. Usually busy at the best of times, and so much worse during sales!
All that extra time adds up to an extra-frustrating experience.
If you go home without anything, the whole shopping trip would have been an enormous waste of time!
Quick find something, anything! Gotta make this worth my while!
STOP! Take deep breaths and relax…
There is a better way to shop.
A way to get a closet’s worth of clothes and hundreds of outfits, all selected to suit your body, your lifestyle and your budget.
Without all the drama of sales.
All you need is your Chainstore Capsule collection to direct you to the best finds for your shape, lifestyle and budget.
Each capsule includes dozens of styled outfits (like the one above) sourced from our own capsule pieces. Never be stuck with “nothing to wear” ever again!
For a limited time, we are offering a free Micro-capsule, 15 pieces, over a dozen styled outfits, for a budget of $250. Find your perfect Micro-capsule here!